During these challenging times Alma Family Services has closely monitored Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments. Our Leadership team has been in direct communication with systems of care and elected officials, taking steps to safeguard the health and wellbeing of staff and clients. As you might know, on 3/19/2020 the City and County of Los Angeles issued a “Safer At Home'' order, calling on people to remain at home as much as possible in response to the coronavirus. This order began at 11:59pm on March 19 and has been extended through May 15, 2020.
In order to further reduce the chance of communal exposure during this evolving crisis, our offices are closed to the public and most of Alma staff are working remotely since 3/20/2020 until further notice. This closure is extended to our Preschool which will remain closed until at least May 15, 2020, pending further recommendations from health and elected officials. Consistent with the CDC recommendations and in alignment with LAUSD and many other school districts, Alma’s inclusive preschool has adapted to remote Classes, offering story time, interactive child and parent activities and more online. Alma's Preschool Director and staff have provided parents with homework assignments and activity books to keep our students engaged, promoting family connectedness and parent participation.
We know that this pandemic has caused significant anxiety and stress. Our staff is committed to serving our community, promoting health, resilience and hope, especially during these uncertain times. Alma is utilizing telephone and video platforms (when approved by the respective City/County department) to offer a range of supportive services to its clients and community at large including mental health services, case management, parenting support and youth development programming.
We will stay in touch and provide periodic updates through Facebook and our Website, providing updates and ways in which you may access these services.
You may find additional resources at:
• Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov
• The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Access Center 24/7 Helpline: (800) 854-7771
• California Department of Public Health (CDPH, State): https://www.cdph.ca.gov/…/…/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, National): http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/novel-coronavirus-2019.html
• World Health Organization (WHO, International): https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
• Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children: https://www.cdc.gov/…/201…/specific-groups/children-faq.html
We look forward to continue supporting you and your family.
Be safe and well!
ALMA FAMILY SERVICES